Friday, January 14, 2011

Message to the First Years


First of all, welcome to the craziness that is the House Cup and welcome to the mighty House of Slytherin. When I first looked at the list and saw we had 75 First Years, I was pretty speechless. But in a good way. You see the number "75" holds a special meaning for me. It happens to be the number of the one and only aircraft carrier that I served on during my time in the US Navy. So I hope that it will be a sign of good things to come. And so far from what I have seen, y'all seem like a very enthusiastic bunch and you will do just fine this term.

Now that you have had some time to settle into your new house I just wanted to take some time to tell you a few things that might be helpful.

- Keep in mind that you are required to do a minimum of one class per month. You are of course free to do as many as you are able to. Just try not to hurt yourself in the process. And we completely understand that real life comes first.

- This term we have tried something new with the snake nests. Every single Slytherin from the first years all the way to the Head of House is now in a nest. These nests can help you settle in and answer any questions you may have.

- Here are some important links that might help you.


All of the above links are Ravelry links so you will need to be logged in to see them. If you plan to attempt an OWL, all proposals are due by the end of this month (11:59:59 PM 31 January Pacific Time). And remember that First Years are only allowed to attempt 1 OWL.

- And lastly if there are any good reasons that you are unable to submit a class project for any month then let your Big Snake know. Or you could tell one of the Prefects, Head Girl, or me (Head of House) know. Keep in mind that I am not a mind reader and will not know if you are having any problems.

So let's have a great term. And remember that every point counts. Every project counts. And every Snake is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment